Featured post

View video: Why I Wrote "Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard"

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Review of Stilettos in the Newsroom

Here's a review of Stilettos in the Newsroom.The book is priced at Rs 95 and is the new school of novel writing in India I guess. The author is Rashmi Kumar. Interesting title one must say. Hm.

This blogger only wonders whether it is about the new kind of journalism contained in our newspapers (you know the ones that write "minister son" instead of "minister's son". Why are they so shy of the possessive case?) or is it about the new publishing trend where the argot of the misled young with lot of "da" for "the" and "r" for "are" are displayed without even a little abashment. I guess it would be both. I don't know. I would like to check out. Hope to get hold of a copy soon.

2 comments:

Bastab said...

@John Thanks for sharing the link here in your blog.
Regarding your skepticism against the book, from my first hand experience I can say you that you will quite impressed with the storyline and also the story-telling of the author.
I think it will be a wise idea to give it a try. I hope it lives up to your expectations.
P.S. I will like to know how the book fared to you. =)

John P Matthew said...

Hi Martha, thanks. I am glad my blog is of use to you. Keep coming back. Do write comments! John