Featured post

View video: Why I Wrote "Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard"

Sunday, April 10, 2011

May Rohinton Mistry Win This Year's Booker for His Books!

Truth must be stranger than fiction. I have an uncanny feeling it is after all the fiction I have churned out. Hm. But fiction-writer Rohinton Mistry (whose Such a Long Journey which I read recently) has been nominated for the Man Booker International Prize this year according to this article in Indian Express. What is strange is that though he has been nominated on three occasions he hasn't won the prestigious prize which carries a prize-money of Pound 60,000. Mistry writes in a simple and straight narrative style and his stories are about everyday life in Bombay, India. 

Hope he wins this time around. I am keeping my typing-fingers crossed. Hat tips to Fredrick Noronha for the link on Sasialit (the forum of South Asian Writers).


No comments: