Featured post

View video: Why I Wrote "Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard"

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Yesterday's Front Page in TOI - the Corrupt Zeitgeist

Oh God! Just as I imagined. Yesterday's front page of TOI sent a shudder through me. How can it be possible? Hence this post. I am shaking as I write this, so I don't know if I would do any justice. Nevertheless, here's my feeble attempt at portraying what little (tip of the iceberg?) that emerges from the humongous corruption that exists in the present zeitgeist (the spirit of the time; the spirit characteristic of an age or generation).

1. The information commissioner of Maharashtra (more about this august body anon) himself has been allegedly accused in the Adarsh building scam. He is alleged to have kept a flat for himself in the controversial building.

2. And to top this The Chief Vigilance Commissioner (more about this august body anon), the big shot himself, stands allegedly accused for his involvement in the alleged Palmoleine scam among other scams including the alleged telecom scam.

No, don't faint. I didn't. I just about managed to stay conscious.

1. The first mentioned The Central Information Commission is a body that has been constituted for the Right to Information of citizens of India. More in this link.

2. The Chief Vigilance Commission has been constituted to curb corruption in government departments. More in this link.

So both the bodies that were appointed as watch dogs against corruption have turned out to be corrupt themselves. So what does it say about what this country is going through.

No comments: