Featured post

View video: Why I Wrote "Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard"

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Whatever Happened to Good Manners?

Sometimes small things upset me. Sometimes when I am all goody-good intentions and the other person turns out to be full of malice, I get even more upset.

Then I think we are an unrepentant generation, courtesy has been unknown to us, we have been train to give twit (twerp: someone who is regarded as contemptible)-for-tat (cheapness: tastelessness by virtue of being cheap and vulgar).

One such occasion manifested yesterday. I was at my wit's end, kept fuming (smoke, steam, etc. issuing from my ears), uncomfortable beyond words. There's this man sprawled on the seat as if he owned it on one side of the train seat, and at the other side another man deliberately spreading his legs, for comfort, obviously. In the middle is poor me, hedged in, accommodating, uncomfortable, sweating in the sweltering heat of the hotter-than-ever summer evening.

Imagine my predicament. Just imagine! Whatever happened to good old good manners?

No comments: