I am not the one who takes sides in literary issues. But some questions arise in the mind - ignorant as I am - which need to be addressed:
- Why didn't the government decide to allow Rushdie to come and provide him with Z-category security?
- Is a live event the right forum to lodge your protest, that too, many years after the book was banned?
- Can the government explain why it banned "Satanic Verses"? Has any secretariat-walla read the book?
- What is the purpose of these literary festivals? Is it to generate some controversy?
- How does festivals help aspiring writers? Do they really get to meet literary agents and publishers?
- Is Jaipur Literary Festival worth the biting cold and huge crowds?
If you have any answers to the above questions, please go ahead and comment. Thanks!