Featured post

View video: Why I Wrote "Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard"

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Genius in Death and Shakira’s Hips Don’t Lie

After Jaron Lanier and “Digital Maoism” I need a lighter subject to hyperventilate on. Lanier is seen as some kind of oracle in the digital world, because he is a computer guru, a CEO, a performer, a musician and somebody said, “Fifty years from now Lanier will be seen as the wise man who showed us the direction to proceed. But, right now, we don’t know we have a genius in our midst.” (I am making this up, because I can’t remember the exact words.) That’s what genius is, we don’t know when literary and other geniuses are in our midst, we only realize when they have faded into the night.

Take for example: Jim Morison, John Lennon, Elvis, Jimi Hendrix, etc. I would have very much liked to see these geniuses in their fifties, a little wrinkled, a bit jaded, trying to ape their adrenaline-sloshed selves of youth. Imagine Jim Morison doing his stage antics at age fifty, or, Lennon singing his elegant compositions in a rheumy voice, or Elvis thrusting his arthritic pelvis. Why did they have to go and die of drug overdoses and other obsessions? They disappointed their fans in death!

The bitch goddess success is a vile female indeed. She first makes you pant after her, tongue out, drool oozing out of lip corners, and then she makes love to you to the extremes. So, after she bestows her favors, you are a trembling bundle of nerves, cornered, and unable to satisfy the mistress who makes too many demands.

Sorry, folks, hehe, I got carried away!

I call a woman friend of mine and imagine what I hear on her mobile phone:

“Oh baby when you talk like that
You make a woman go mad
So be wise and keep on
Reading the signs of my body

“And I'm on tonight
You know my hips don't lie
And I'm starting to feel it's right
All the attraction, the tension
Don't you see baby, this is perfection”

Oh, God! I am glad I didn’t connect. (Draws sign of the cross!) Guess I would have sounded like a blubbering idiot after that sexy number by Shakira.

| |

No comments: