Featured post

View video: Why I Wrote "Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard"

Friday, April 27, 2012

Three Indian Novels Shortlisted in Commonwealth Prize

This article in Hindustan Times says "Five Indians on Commonwealth Prize" short list. But when I look closer, two out of the five are not Indians: Jamil Ahmad is Pakistani and Shehan Karunatilaka is Sri Lankan. Nevertheless, here are the contenders for the prestigious Commonwealth prize:

"The Wandering Falcon" by Jamil Ahmad 
"Rebirth: A Novel" by Jahnavi Barua
"The Sly Company of People Who Care" by Rahul Bhattacharya
"The Book of Answers" by C.Y. Gopinath 
"Chinaman: The Legend of Pradeep Mathew" by Shehan Karunatilaka.

So good luck to the nominees, and may the best novel win.

I am @johnwriter on Twitter and John.Matthew on Facebook. I blog here. View my Youtube Channel Page here.

No comments: