Featured post

View video: Why I Wrote "Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard"

Monday, June 13, 2011

Isn't Fasting "Attempted Suicide"?

Nothing to write today. Just a feeling of dullness, the hands don't work at the speed it is used to. I don't know. I am doing well for my age and stage, but the inevitability of age cannot be ruled out though I play badminton quite well (given that my partners are all bad). Hm. So a short post today.

There should be some control over the fasting that is happening around this country. Everybody goes on strike. Isn't fasting a sort of "attempted suicide"? And "attempted suicide" is a crime right? So why not book them for a crime? It's a shame that leaders and icons of a democratic society should resort to fast unto death to have their demands met. Is there no alternative? Isn't there nothing like consensus building on our mass media that beams absolute rubbish into the one billion homes? Isn't there anyone out there who could speak out for the masses without masquerading their black deeds in masks of self-righteousness?

I don't know. Frankly I don't.

1 comment:

Mridu Khullar said...

When someone can really do some damage they have done so. Just look at Irom Sharmila. She gets little media attention and people don't even care that she's been in hospital for so long, but Baba Ramdev decides he won't eat for 12 hours, and the country goes mental. Crazy!