Featured post

View video: Why I Wrote "Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard"

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Rush Hour at Victoria Terminus, Bombay



Shot at Victoria Terminus, a few days ago, during the morning rush hour. I stop by this kiosk and enjoy my morning cuppa and stare at the passing crowd of office goers in their rivettingly diverse moods. Some listen to music, some drink coffee, some have worried looks, some look as if they haven't slept, some are anxiously waiting for their boyfriends/girlfriends. Anyway, it's amazing how the five million people who commute by a a few trains reach their destinations, clinging, sitting on roofs, arguing and even fighting for a seat inside the trains.

My dear friend Poovannamnilkunnathil Mathaichettan says, "People of this city, er, er, have no sense. Why don't they go to Tekkadi and Munnar. That's the best place to settle down, er, er, in the peace and tranquility." But Mathaichettan misses the point as always.

3 comments:

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hello John,
I like the wit in this little piece you've put up. I just discovered your very interesting story sites and am enthused by it all.
Your vibrance as a writer and your prolific collection of works are truly inspiring.
I have marked your site as a real reading treat together with my coffees.
Btw, My father is a Malayalee and is still in Kerala.
Keep writing! You do it well!

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Sorry John, I must also add that I have linked you to my blog. I hope you don't mind. Also, if you're wondering about the Malayalee bit - just in case - my real name is Susan Abraham which makes better sense. :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Suzan,

Hey, thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to comment and linking this humble blog on yours. Great honour this! Much appreciated, this attempt to reach out.

Do come again and read and comment. I get very few comments on my blog and I love every comment, and reply to them personally. I will also take a look at your blog.

Best wishes, have a nice day :)

J