Featured post

View video: Why I Wrote "Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard"

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Dearest Friend Mr. Dube Marcel

Dearest Friend Mr. Dube Marcel,

Till now I have received emails with entreaties from widows and orphans of tin pot rulers asking for help in transferring the obscene amounts their husband/father had accumulated from his starving country people.

Now this email from you (Are you our own Dubey by any chance?) tells me that the sordid deed has already been accomplished, the money transferred, and I can breathe easy. All I have to do now is to transfer the commission I earned (for doing nothing!), which is free money, the sort that every internet venture promises, knowing that in this beautiful world; a sucker is born every second.

Let me assure you, I will forward this email to all my friends, and if anyone desperately wants this princely sum, they can, with my permission, write to you, but please remember to transfer a small commission of $ 12,000 (10 per cent of $ 1,200,000) to my account. At least I deserve that much, don’t I? I find these lines of your letter very, very convincing:

“DEAREST FRIEND,

I AM dubemarcel AND I AM VERY HAPPY TO INFORM YOU ABOUT MY SUCCESS IN GETTINGTHAT FUND TRANSFERED. NOW I WANT YOU TO CONTACT MY

SECRETEAY ON THE INFORMATION BELOW AND RECEIVE YOUR COMPENSATION OF

$1,200,000.00 FROM HIM:

NAME.... MIKE DOM

EMAIL: (mike_dom2007@yahoo.it )

SEND HIM THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO PROVE YOURSELF TO HIM:”

However, dearest Mr Dube, for your kindest information, I am not able to take your offer directly. There may be billions of foolish people on the net, but I have become wiser after many of your, and your brothers’ offers, so, perish the thought of ever getting me as your next fall guy. So I will forward this email and see who among my friends was born a sucker, which I had no way of knowing.

Tell me Mr. Dube, looking at the spelling gaffes and lazy capitalization in your above communication; I don’t assume you have ever seen the portals of the local primary school. Then how can I tell my friends to trust you, Mr. Dube? If they spend money and come to your country, I am sure they would be murdered and fed to the wild animals of your country.

In that case I won’t forward your email! Sorry dearest friend!

2 comments:

Kanani said...

Hi,
Well, I think she's right, but then there's always the simpler question, which is

"Am I interested?"

Because if you're not interested in what you're writing, the reader won't be either.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment:) Do visit http://johnpmathew.blogspot.com again!