Featured post

View video: Why I Wrote "Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard"

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Flood in the River Kosi Region


I had thought it to be the ordinary flood during monsoon and gave my usual contribution to flood relief at VT station. One hears of floods in the Gangetic Plain from the great river in spate. I didn’t know the truth was something else until I read World Wide Help blog which is doing exemplary work in this unfortunate calamity.

It seems river Kosi has changed course as the enclosed photograph will show and flown away whole villages. This is unprecedented and a result of the melting glaciers of the Himalayas. In this case what has happened is whole villages and districts have been affected and people are at a loss to understand what happened. So please help whoever is in asking you for donations, because some of it will ultimately reach the people who need it.

No comments: