Featured post

View video: Why I Wrote "Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard"

Thursday, May 31, 2007

An Email that Landed in My Inbox!

This email landed in my inbox by some fluke. I couldn't resist the itch to correct it and post it here.

Hi!

how'r u n wat hv u been upto? did u hear about the class 12 results?
i'm scared pissin in my pants...how do ppl get such phenomenal results
aaarghh??? esp commerce n they'l all apply 4 eco....

jatin gave me ur email address n well i have to ask a favour of u
which he cudnt do cos his email's screwed...
u remember those files we saved on jatin's thumb drive? if u
still ahve them could u attach n send them to me?? i don't have them n
haven't gone over them...i'm pretty screwed if i
don't get thru eco n don't read em :(
btw i already hv ajp # 15...

i understand if you can't...perfectly cool :)
do tell me how u r, k?
take care, enjoy your hols n stay in touch!

Shruti

how'r [How are] u [you] n[and] wat [what]hv [have]u [you]been upto? did [Did]u [you]hear about the class 12 results?
i'm [I am]scared pissin [pissing]in my pants...how do ppl [people]get such phenomenal results
aaarghh??? esp [especially]commerce n they'l [they will]all apply 4 eco.... [economics]

jitin [Jitin]gave me ur [your]email address n well i [I]have to ask a favour of u[you]
which he cudnt [couldn’t]do cos [because]his email's screwed... [unlady like, dear you lady]
u [you]remember those files we saved on jitin's [Jitin] thumb drive? if [If]u[you]
still ahve [have]them could u attach n [and]send them to me?? i [I]don't have them n[and]
haven't gone over them...i'm [I am]pretty screwed if i[I]
don't get thru eco n don't read em [them]:(
btw [By the way]i [I]already hv [have]ajp [what’s that?]# 15...

i [I]understand if you can't...perfectly cool :)
do tell me how u [you]r[are], k[okay]?
take care, enjoy your hols [holidays]n [and]stay in touch!

Shruti[I am glad she could, at least, spell her name properly]

152 words [42 mistakes]

If this is the way the generation of today writes English, ah, well, I would be darned! Or, is it a new language being evolved? Can't say it is. But who knows!

| | |

No comments: