Here's Robert McCrum's pithy sayings on "Fifty things I've learned about the literary life."
Among the gems:
7. Poets are either the lions or the termites of the literary jungle.
8. Put a body on page one.
9. Literature is theft.
10. Everyone is writing a book. A few will publish it; but most of them will not be satisfied.
11. This is a golden age of reading.
12. Amazon is not "evil" (J Daunt).
13. The "overnight success" is usually anything but.
Relish. It's good advice for starving, struggling, wanting-to-be-noticed writers. Such as yours truly *Grin*
I am @johnwriter on Twitter and John.Matthew on Facebook. I blog here.