Featured post

View video: Why I Wrote "Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard"

Thursday, June 14, 2012

John Steinbeck's Tips for Writers

Here's John Steinbeck's tips for writing. The man himself claims there aren't any short cuts, formulas, whatever. I have been a great fan of his since I read "Grapes of Wrath" and "Travels with Charlie." Then I read his book about how he wrote "Grapes of Wrath" with graphic illustrations and photographs of his manuscripts. That book, on hind sight, is one of the reasons I chose to be a writer. Now the profession has given me a livelihood, as I find nobody can write decent English in the organisations where I have worked. Yes, nobody. Even from the higher echelons people don't know the difference between "lose" and "loose" and "there" and "their". The younger lot of executives write the most atrocious English.

I am @johnwriter on Twitter and John.Matthew on Facebook. I blog here. View my Youtube Channel Page. Read about my novel Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard.

No comments: