Featured post

View video: Why I Wrote "Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard"

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Guess Who's Coming for Dinner

Ever since we started live blogging photographs and their badly written descriptions, we have lost interest, so to say, in writing thoughtful articles in this space. Sorry! This is an attempt at making amends.

We were reading this article about Spencer Tracy. We have not seen any films of his (at least, not that we know of) except "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner." Now that was a thoughtful and humdinger of a movie and we enjoyed it thoroughly. It's all about a girl who is bringing her black boyfriend (played by Sidney Poitier) to dinner. And, Spencer Tracy is the girl's father. In its day the movie created a ruffle because of its unusual theme and story. I remember it distinctly as a celluloid narrative told lucidly and with much drama. 

Regret to say we don't have actors like Spencer Tracy anymore!

I am @johnwriter on Twitter and John.Matthew on Facebook. I blog here. View my Youtube Channel Page. Read about my novel Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard.

No comments: