Featured post

View video: Why I Wrote "Mr. Bandookwala, M.B.A., Harvard"

Friday, May 20, 2011

Last Night in Kerala and the End of the World as We Know it

It's a pleasant evening, my last night in Kerala. Sorry, night. Still no rain. There's only the heat of hot muggy nights in Kerala. I have documented certain aspects of my home state in the last few days. Hope you liked it. For now, it's the drone of cicadas, the sound of the Panamkilukki (the money juggler) and the lone cry of frogs awaiting rains to breed. There are a lot of rain flies (yes, they are called rain flies, flying termites that self destruct), kind of moths attracted to electric lights. Rain comes to Kerala earlier than it does to Bombay. This year the rain is expected on May 31, ten or so days before it is expected in Bombay.

These last few days have been satisfying. I gorged on a lot of mangoes and jack fruits without taking care of my sugar level. Ho hum, who cares. I am moderately above the normal level, which means I should take caution.

I look at facebook and it's full of this "Rapture" thing. I look at Twitter and it is also full of this thing. What's rapture, another cult. It seems they are a cult based in America that is predicting that the end of the world is imminent, and the surprising part: it's tomorrow: May 21, 2011.

1 comment:

Aminesh said...

Do not confuse about the situation going on today's world. What Jesus says in the Holy Bible about the End of this World and the Second coming of Christ..You need to Read more References in Holy Bible but one thing is True and that is only the Father(God) knows about the End Time. you need to read Holy Bible: Matthew 24, then you will get perfect idea..
If you want more perfect idea about the End Time of the World then read my Blog..
www.aminesh-patel-22.blogspot.com